Are you kicking yourself for buying high-priced car insurance? Don't sweat it because there are many Statesboro drivers thinking the same thing.
Statistics show that most drivers in Georgia have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. American drivers could save an average of approximately 47% each year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best rate on car insurance.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don't list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Statesboro car insurance online.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Memberships - Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn cheaper insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, accident-free, driver's education, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, good student, multi-policy, new graduate, and newly retired.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
If you are trying to find low cost Statesboro car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Statesboro. To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Statesboro, click here.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,076||$538||$90|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,552||$776||$129|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,304||$652||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage prices substantially.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below illustrates the comparison of auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Statesboro. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Chevrolet Tahoe LT.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Statesboro who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Statesboro will have answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Statesboro?
When looking for local Statesboro agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Statesboro are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out why they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper auto insurance in Statesboro is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don't offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)