How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for cheaper insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta buyers have options when searching for affordable Ford Fusion insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and get the cheapest rates either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Fusion insurance on the web, but you can learn some tested techniques to lower your insurance premiums.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to save money using these methods. Shoppers just need to understand the most time-saving way to shop using one simple form.
What Impacts Ford Fusion Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Drivers with good credit save on insurance - Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford Fusion by improving your rating. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Battle of the sexes - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Liability insurance risk factors in - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Insurance lapses raise insurance rates - Going without insurance can be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Insurance loss data for a Ford Fusion - Insurers use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Vehicles
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$338||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,486||$124|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$372||$414||$24||$124||$1,116||$93|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$494||$640||$38||$192||$1,568||$131|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$404||$370||$22||$110||$1,120||$93|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$598||$532||$32||$158||$1,630||$136|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$694||$394||$24||$118||$1,612||$134|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$366||$812||$414||$24||$124||$1,740||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions drive up Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Can you really save $460 a year?
Georgia drivers can't ignore all the ads for insurance savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies seem to make the promise that drivers will save a bundle if you move to their company.
How does every insurance company charge you a lower premium? It's all in the numbers.
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a desirable risk could possibly be over the age of 35, has few claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote that fits those parameters receives the best premium rates in Atlanta and will probably save some money.
Consumers who may not quite match these criteria will probably have to pay higher premium rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much when switching. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This really illustrates why drivers should compare price quotes frequently. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Choosing the best Ford vehicle insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fusion has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap Atlanta insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will reduce your insurance premiums.
To choose companies who offer online Ford Fusion insurance quotes in Atlanta, click here to view.
Should I talk to an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta that give free quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Atlanta
When searching for a good Atlanta insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Atlanta independent agencies that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 550-3448 - View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Quentin Franklin - State Farm Insurance Agent
587 Virginia Ave NE Unit 3A - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (404) 575-4147 - View Map
- Barry Domangue - State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 853-3772 - View Map
- Shiron Kilgore - State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 527-4883 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Once you have received positive feedback to all your questions as well as a price you're happy with, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Discount Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)