Cutting costs on insurance might be very difficult for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. People have so many options that it can easily be a burden to compare rates on insurance.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Kingsland drivers could cut their rates by $1,000 a year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas you're about to read. We hope to familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. But Georgia drivers need to learn the way insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Decisions you make can impact your costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Costs for men may be higher - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Never let your auto insurance lapse - Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia DMV.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your vehicle earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Tickets increase premiums - Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Type of car, truck or SUV determines base rates - The performance of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Auto insurance rates and your employer - Careers such as fire fighters, business owners and medical professionals generally pay higher premium rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers such as actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Bundle home and auto and save - Many insurance companies give lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. It's possible to still find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to know the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including what you do for a living, the type of vehicles you drive, coverage limits, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your insurance information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Kingsland.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Kingsland, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,020||$510||$85|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,654||$827||$138|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$984||$492||$82|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,354||$677||$113|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,306||$653||$109|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,600||$800||$133|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$1,708||$854||$142|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,800||$900||$150|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,938||$969||$162|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$982||$491||$82|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can affect coverage prices greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Raise deductibles and save
One frequently asked question is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The tables below may help to illustrate the differences in price of buying low and high deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second set of prices uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$338||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,511||$126|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$382||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,555||$130|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$382||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,555||$130|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$382||$612||$394||$24||$118||$1,555||$130|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$382||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,663||$139|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$382||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,663||$139|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$248||$414||$394||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$278||$414||$394||$24||$118||$1,228||$102|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$278||$414||$394||$24||$118||$1,228||$102|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$278||$414||$394||$24||$118||$1,228||$102|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible will cost you approximately $28 more each month or $336 annually than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at a minimum 14 months between claims, you would probably be better off if you elect the higher deductible.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below visualizes the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Kingsland. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied on a Ford Escape XLS.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount just by switching your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims?
Different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of insured that earns them the most money. For instance, a desirable risk may need to be over the age of 50, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" receives the best premium rates in Kingsland and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who cannot meet those standards will see a higher rate and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can state the savings. This illustrates why it's extremely important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will have the best car insurance in Kingsland.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Earn discounts on Kingsland auto insurance
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kingsland auto insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Kingsland auto insurance but check with your company.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Car insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of providers who offer free auto insurance quotes in Georgia, follow this link.
Local Kingsland car insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Kingsland who will give you quotes for your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Kingsland?
If you want a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on insurance in Kingsland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, denial of a claim or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much are Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)