Scraping up a payment for pricey Jeep Wrangler insurance in Atlanta can overdraw your accounts and make it tough to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around can save money and help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Shocking but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Atlanta.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around occasionally because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Atlanta six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it's time to teach you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the best rates in Atlanta is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Virtually every vehicle owner who is looking for cheaper auto insurance most likely will be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, Georgia consumers need to learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for competitive Jeep Wrangler insurance in Georgia
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$294||$406||$532||$32||$158||$1,422||$119|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$254||$406||$556||$32||$166||$1,414||$118|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$186||$350||$444||$26||$134||$1,140||$95|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$214||$208||$644||$38||$192||$1,296||$108|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$276||$388||$406||$24||$122||$1,216||$101|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$212||$274||$556||$32||$166||$1,240||$103|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$162||$204||$556||$32||$166||$1,120||$93|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$162||$272||$444||$26||$134||$1,038||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$162||$260||$556||$32||$166||$1,176||$98|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$274||$390||$596||$36||$178||$1,474||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates significantly.
Where to set your deductibles
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Jeep Wrangler yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Jeep Wrangler insurance discounts in Atlanta
Companies do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- No Claim Discounts - Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Paperwork-free - A few auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their company to look at vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. To see a list of insurers with discount rates in Atlanta, click here to view.
When do I need an agent's advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jeep Wrangler?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Georgia?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Atlanta?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Companies like Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all tend to make the same promise about savings if you switch your policy. How does every auto insurance company have lower policy pricing? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of this type of insured should be over the age of 45, has a clear driving record, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Atlanta and will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who do not fit those standards will probably be forced to pay higher premiums with the end result being business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of these techniques, you really should get Atlanta car insurance quotes as often as possible. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Jeep Wrangler insurance prices in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Peachtree City, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Georgia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Athens, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Dunwoody, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)