Are you at wits end from robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy auto insurance? You are no different than many other Georgia drivers.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American drivers can save $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around. Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Nissan cube insurance in Atlanta.
Ways to get Nissan cube insurance quotes in Atlanta, Georgia
Finding a lower price on Nissan cube insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to waste gas driving to insurance agents' offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$182||$260||$402||$24||$120||$988||$82|
|Cube SL 2WD||$262||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,368||$114|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$206||$372||$402||$24||$120||$1,124||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Nissan cube yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Nissan cube insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Student in College - Older children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta car insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for homeowners, early bird, good student, air bags, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, driver's education, passive restraint, student away at school, and accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, safety features, preferred payment discount, newly married, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Compare rates but still have a local Atlanta insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Atlanta?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents in Atlanta can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can handle insurance, but it's worth learning the difference between them since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a few of the things companies use to determine prices.
- Minor frequent claims are not good - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Georgia provide discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Men tend to take more risk - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Always keep your policy in place - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor - Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your car's features help determine prices - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums - Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores. So if your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan cube by improving your rating.
Why you need insurance for your cube
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your cube, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your cube are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Nissan cube insurance in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Nissan cube insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Cheaper car insurance in Atlanta is definitely available both online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)