Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost Jeep Liberty insurance in Atlanta? Nobody that owns a car looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,720, Georgia drivers could save roughly $959 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they switched. Due to the abundance of choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Jeep Liberty in Atlanta, it can be impossible to locate a lower cost car insurance provider.
Our objective in writing this article is to teach you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. You just need to use the most efficient way to shop from many different companies.
How to compare Atlanta Jeep Liberty insurance price quotes
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. All that's required is to take a few minutes getting comparison quotes to discover which company has low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to spend time driving to all the different Atlanta insurance agencies. Comparing Jeep Liberty insurance rates online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you're the type of person who wants the professional abilities that only an agent can give. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$254||$518||$444||$26||$134||$1,376||$115|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$192||$288||$378||$22||$114||$994||$83|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$260||$418||$370||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$248||$340||$394||$24||$118||$1,124||$94|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$262||$528||$444||$26||$134||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in Atlanta location which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Where to set your deductibles
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can change Jeep Liberty premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Choosing the best Jeep Liberty insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Marriage discount - Getting married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Jeep Liberty has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Extra coverages you don't need - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Bundle policies with the same company - Lots of insurers provide better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Type of car, truck or SUV determines base rates - The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Due to the fact that the Jeep Liberty is considered a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Atlanta.
- Higher rates for specific occupations - Occupations like fire fighters, social workers and emergency personnel generally pay higher premium rates attributed to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and retirees pay the least.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Jeep. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Teenage drivers cost more - More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, air bags, defensive driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, good student, and teen driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, new vehicle discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, teen driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
If you want cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Atlanta insurance agent
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Atlanta.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Atlanta agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Atlanta are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you free rate quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Atlanta should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What companies can they write with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Lower-priced insurance in Atlanta is attainable online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Valdosta, GA? (FAQ)
- How Much is Georgia Car Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)