Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as many other Georgia drivers.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Georgia could cut their rates by nearly $959 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes online. Lots of insurers contend for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the definite best price available on Jaguar XK insurance in Atlanta.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details including the type of vehicles you drive, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you went to college, and how old drivers are. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To find lower affordable Jaguar XK insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$478||$1304||$378||$22||$114||$2,296||$191|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$966||$434||$26||$130||$1,946||$162|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$516||$1134||$414||$24||$124||$2,212||$184|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$614||$968||$516||$30||$154||$2,282||$190|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can impact insurance rates substantially.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive formula for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Jaguar XK replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Jaguar XK insurance discounts in Atlanta
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Buy New and Save - Putting coverage on a new XK can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, exclusive group savings, safety features, multi-policy, new graduate, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, and driver training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Atlanta car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Protect more than your Jaguar vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Georgia but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your Jaguar but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Atlanta?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Atlanta may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes.
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map