Comparison shopping for cheaper Subaru Impreza insurance in Atlanta can be kind of frustrating for drivers new to comparing prices online. With dozens of companies competing online, it can quickly become a burden to compare prices in Georgia on Subaru Impreza insurance.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could pocket roughly 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest protection in Atlanta is quite easy. Although Georgia vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. All you need to do is give them some information including an estimate of your credit level, if the car is leased, how many miles driven, and types of safety features. That rating information gets transmitted to all major companies and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Atlanta.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$294||$412||$402||$24||$120||$1,252||$104|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$238||$384||$512||$30||$154||$1,318||$110|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$376||$752||$532||$32||$158||$1,850||$154|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$380||$630||$532||$32||$158||$1,732||$144|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,484||$124|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$268||$514||$378||$22||$114||$1,296||$108|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$328||$598||$370||$22||$110||$1,428||$119|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$282||$516||$406||$24||$122||$1,350||$113|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$242||$476||$378||$22||$114||$1,232||$103|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$332||$704||$378||$22||$114||$1,550||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can increase or decrease price quotes considerably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Subaru Impreza insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need Impreza insurance in Georgia
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru Impreza insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your Subaru but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates. Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Subaru Impreza is considered a sport coupe, insuring your vehicle will cost much more compared to average rates in Atlanta.
Use but don't abuse your insurance - If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Georgia award discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Gender impacts costs - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders have fender benders in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Consolidate home and auto and save - Most larger insurers will give better rates to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Rural areas have lower costs - Having an address in areas with lower population can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Claims statistics for a Subaru Impreza - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru Impreza vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Subaru Impreza Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Impreza 4WD||96||80||110||79||78||81|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Subaru Impreza insurance in Atlanta
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Atlanta car insurance quote.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a safe driver class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, automatic seat belts, good student, student driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, passive restraint, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-car, new move discount, safety features, good student, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
Check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Atlanta. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Can't I compare prices from local Atlanta insurance agencies?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Willard Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
3867 Roswell Rd NE #101 - Atlanta, GA 30342 - (404) 816-8885 - View Map
- Aaron Frazier - State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 233-4847 - View Map
- Bryant Thompson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 228-6085 - View Map
Choosing a insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that you can always cancel your policy for any reason so never feel that you're stuck with the auto insurance policy with no way out.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When shopping online for insurance, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
We've covered some good ideas how you can save on Subaru Impreza insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
More tips and info about insurance is located by following these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)