Are you tired of overpaying and want lower-priced Honda Pilot insurance in Atlanta? Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You're in the same situation as many other Georgia consumers.
Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance buyers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Georgia insurance shoppers can cut their rates by 60% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates for Honda Pilot insurance in Atlanta.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Atlanta can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. But Georgia vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like whether you have decent credit, how many miles driven, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and if you went to college. The data is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$292||$476||$512||$30||$154||$1,464||$122|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$240||$332||$444||$26||$134||$1,176||$98|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$296||$412||$444||$26||$134||$1,312||$109|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$348||$562||$406||$24||$122||$1,462||$122|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$380||$630||$532||$32||$158||$1,732||$144|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$264||$426||$370||$22||$110||$1,192||$99|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$328||$630||$444||$26||$134||$1,562||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can raise or lower premiums noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can raise Honda Pilot premium costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Honda Pilot insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Honda Pilot insurance in Atlanta
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Paper-free Discount - A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will lower the cost of coverage.
To choose auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
- How long has their agency been in business in Atlanta?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you are searching for local Atlanta agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Atlanta agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes.
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
Honda Pilot Insurance Rate Factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Physical damage deductibles - Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Your credit history is important - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Pilot by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Married people drive safer - Being married can get you a discount when buying insurance. Having a spouse means you're more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Stress out and pay more - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and accountants generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like actors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Proper usage rating affects prices - The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Pilot can cost quite a bit. Verify your insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Insurance loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles - Car insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that historically have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Pilot Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD 70 96 69 82 82 86 Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD 79 105 81 88 74 82
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pilot, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
More effort can pay off
More affordable insurance in Atlanta can be bought online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Honda Pilot insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)