Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta? Sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to buy auto insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never shopped around. The average driver in Atlanta could save themselves roughly 60% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare other rate quotes.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every company and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible on Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta.
It's smart to compare prices occasionally because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal on Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to learn one of the easiest ways to save on auto insurance.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Atlanta is much easier if you know where to start. But Georgia consumers must know how big insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Best Mazda 3 insurance prices in Georgia
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$426||$370||$22||$110||$1,162||$97|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$322||$516||$30||$154||$1,236||$103|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$448||$406||$24||$122||$1,224||$102|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$240||$476||$414||$24||$124||$1,278||$107|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$706||$414||$24||$124||$1,596||$133|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$316||$370||$22||$110||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can change insurance rates greatly.
Mazda 3 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 3 car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Georgia. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Mazda 3 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents impact Mazda 3 annual premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda 3 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Atlanta insurance
Some providers don't necessarily list every disount available very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Professional Organizations - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your Mazda could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, homeowner, distant student, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- AAA discounts include good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- USAA has discounts for driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, vehicle storage, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
If you want inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Georgia, click here to view.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with big savings. Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Married people drive safer - Being married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- No claims equals better prices - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Georgia generally give discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Good credit saves on insurance - Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Mazda 3 by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Younger drivers cost more - Beginning drivers in Georgia tend to be easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Since the Mazda 3 falls in the compact sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower than the average rate where you live in Atlanta. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Insurance losses for a Mazda 3 - Insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine prices. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda 3 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Mazda 3 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best car insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Does my Mazda 3 need full coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Does my Mazda 3 qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta that may be able to provide price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Persistence pays off
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Mazda 3 insurance in Atlanta can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Georgia Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in East Point, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Georgia Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)