Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive auto insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for your Chevy and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates quite often because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Chevy Silverado insurance in Atlanta on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. There are lots of tips to save on Silverado insurance online but you can learn some proven techniques to lower your auto insurance bill.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. This information will teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to get comparison rates instantly.
Best companies for affordable Chevy Silverado insurance in Georgia
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$340||$582||$34||$174||$1,376||$115|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$164||$264||$394||$24||$118||$964||$80|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$476||$538||$32||$162||$1,450||$121|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$212||$404||$466||$28||$140||$1,250||$104|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$184||$370||$476||$28||$142||$1,200||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$294||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,342||$112|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$282||$414||$582||$34||$174||$1,486||$124|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$274||$508||$600||$36||$180||$1,598||$133|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$382||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,638||$137|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$268||$550||$578||$34||$172||$1,602||$134|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$278||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$236||$466||$600||$36||$180||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$242||$380||$582||$34||$174||$1,412||$118|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$328||$742||$444||$26||$134||$1,674||$140|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$476||$466||$28||$140||$1,350||$113|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$622||$444||$26||$134||$1,522||$127|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$380||$854||$532||$32||$158||$1,956||$163|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$214||$402||$406||$24||$122||$1,168||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates: Men versus women
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Chevy Silverado insurance discounts in Atlanta
Car insurance companies don't list every disount available very well, so we break down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Silverado is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Accidents - Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, and drive less.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, early bird, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, good student, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, air bag, good student, defensive driver, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Georgia, click here.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Silverado Insurance Prices?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? - Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a dented fender, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Get better rates if married - Having a spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums - The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates tend to be for economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Chevrolet Silverado falls in the pickup truck class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Atlanta.
- Don't get traffic citations - Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Where you reside plays a part - Living in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- When should you file a policy claims? - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Georgia give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Uninterrupted coverage saves money - Driving with no insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Chevy Silverado statistical loss data - Insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agent
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Atlanta agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 525-1600 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
- Rob Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 Shallowford Rd NE, Ste A-B - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (678) 791-7132 - View Map
- DeWayne Hrabowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 758-5400 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers in Georgia can't get away from all the ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the same claim of big savings after switching your coverage to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all offer you a better deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in Atlanta? This is how they do it.
Different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, has few claims, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics may get the lowest premium rates in Atlanta and most likely will cut their Chevy Silverado insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who do not match the "perfect" profile will probably have to pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The trick is to say "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
Different companies use different criteria so you really need to do a quote comparison often. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
You just read a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
Low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Atlanta is available both online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, poor customer service or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in North Atlanta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Albany, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Marietta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Augusta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)