How long has it been since you compared low-cost car insurance rates in Sandy Springs, GA? I can't think of a single person who loves paying for car insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. consumers could save roughly $859 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute best rates possible on car insurance.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Sandy Springs is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Nevertheless, Georgia consumers need to learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Insurance discounts help lower rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Claims - Sandy Springs drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Sandy Springs auto insurance quote compared to drivers who are more careless.
- E-sign - Some insurance companies provide a small discount shop Sandy Springs auto insurance on the web.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Sandy Springs auto insurance quote.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, student driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, early bird, and homeowners.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, good driver, good student, driver's education, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may have discounts that include safety device, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policies in your state.
Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Sandy Springs, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,522||$761||$127|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,696||$848||$141|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific Sandy Springs garaging location which can revise premiums noticeably.
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for car insurance is which deductible level should you buy. The premium rates below help summarize the differences in premium rates between high and low coverage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $100 deductible and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$294||$502||$334||$20||$100||$1,275||$106|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,575||$131|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$338||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,619||$135|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$338||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,619||$135|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$338||$612||$334||$20||$100||$1,429||$119|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$216||$340||$334||$20||$100||$1,010||$84|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,238||$103|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,270||$106|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$486||$394||$24||$118||$1,270||$106|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$248||$414||$334||$20||$100||$1,116||$93|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Sandy Springs garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $27 more each month or $324 for a full year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have more than 15 months between claims, you would save more money if you choose a higher deductible.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Camry car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula for dropping full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Camry settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Sandy Springs. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Chevrolet Tahoe LS.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Smart consumers know how to buy car insurance for less
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Your job can affect rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like real estate brokers, police officers, and miners generally pay higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
How much liability coverage do you need? - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance quotes from local Sandy Springs insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Sandy Springs that can provide free Sandy Springs auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Sandy Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
After you get good feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an provider that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. It's important to know that consumers can cancel coverage at any point so don't think that you are permanently stuck with the insurance policy for the full term.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Sandy Springs, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cover all your bases
A few companies don't offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When you buy Sandy Springs auto insurance online, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered a lot of techniques to save on car insurance in Sandy Springs. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Smyrna, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Athens, Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)