How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable car insurance rates in Newnan, GA? I doubt anyone likes paying for car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
A recent study showed that over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Newnan could save approximately $960 every year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
People have so many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Student - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Resident Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Newnan and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, professional/association, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, driver's education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and student away at school.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Newnan, follow this link.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons is to know the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, your credit rating estimate, if you require a SR-22, and if the car is leased. Your rating data is automatically sent to insurance companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,634||$817||$136|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,528||$764||$127|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$956||$478||$80|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,492||$746||$124|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$860||$430||$72|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$808||$404||$67|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,908||$954||$159|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,708||$854||$142|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$1,540||$770||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can affect Dodge Ram insurance premiums for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below examines Toyota Corolla auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Georgia minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Corolla book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Newnan
The diagram below shows the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Newnan. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is emailed to companies in Newnan that can give you free Newnan car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Newnan?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Newnan?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
When looking for a good Newnan insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Newnan are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Persistence will pay off
We've covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on auto insurance in Newnan. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Newnan car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper auto insurance in Newnan can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Savannah, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)