Are you at wits end from not being able to afford to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as most other consumers in Georgia.
Shocking but true, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Gainesville could save up to 60% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy. You have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates.
It's important to shop coverage around as often as possible because auto insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on auto insurance at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Car insurance companies offering affordable rate quotes in Georgia
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,732||$866||$144|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,332||$666||$111|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,350||$675||$113|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,050||$525||$88|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,806||$903||$151|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,448||$724||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in your specific Gainesville location which can modify rates significantly.
Gainesville insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Gainesville. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Hyundai Sonata SE.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Honda Accord insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Liability-only rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below examines Chevrolet Malibu annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive formula for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Malibu replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discount Gainesville car insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If you don't get every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Gainesville auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident Free - Gainesville drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Gainesville auto insurance quote as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select car insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a Gainesville auto insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for professional/association, multi-policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, good student, teen driver, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, company car, air bags, multiple vehicles, student away at school, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, new vehicle discount, good student, teen driver discount, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, and safe driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, loyalty savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, family discount, and safe driver.
When getting free Gainesville auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in Gainesville. To locate car insurance companies who offer discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Gainesville.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Gainesville that can provide free Gainesville auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Big names are not always cheapest
Consumers can't get away from ads for insurance savings from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all state the claim about saving some big amount after switching your policy.
How do they all offer drivers better rates? Here is how they do it.
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. An example of a preferred risk may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save if they switch.
People who don't qualify for those criteria may be forced to pay higher rates with the end result being the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because every company is different, it's extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest insurance in Gainesville.
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper coverage online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Gainesville auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance in Gainesville is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Gainesville agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in Georgia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Georgia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Georgia Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Georgia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Dunwoody, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)