Searching for low-cost insurance for a Ford F-150 in Georgia can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Ford and obtain the lowest price.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Savannah
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The items below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Pay more if you have a long commute - Being located in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
Being married is a bonus - Your spouse can actually save you money on your policy. It means you're less irresponsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Save money with higher physical damage deductibles - Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
A car insurance lapse is a bad thing - Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia DMV.
Ford F-150 claim probability - Companies use statistical claims data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford F-150 insurance in Savannah is pretty painless as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want on the page. Upon sending the form, their system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get price quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Savannah makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to do this if you want to find the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, check out the car insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$168||$226||$378||$22||$114||$908||$76|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$300||$512||$30||$154||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$336||$502||$516||$30||$154||$1,538||$128|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$186||$332||$414||$24||$124||$1,080||$90|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$246||$340||$516||$30||$154||$1,286||$107|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$386||$502||$516||$30||$154||$1,588||$132|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$262||$412||$414||$24||$124||$1,236||$103|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$240||$332||$402||$24||$120||$1,118||$93|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$162||$260||$444||$26||$134||$1,026||$86|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$190||$282||$370||$22||$110||$974||$81|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$304||$420||$394||$24||$118||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$346||$420||$516||$30||$154||$1,466||$122|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$260||$418||$370||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$268||$358||$378||$22||$114||$1,140||$95|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$204||$300||$512||$30||$154||$1,200||$100|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$264||$350||$370||$22||$110||$1,116||$93|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$296||$528||$444||$26||$134||$1,428||$119|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$206||$316||$402||$24||$120||$1,068||$89|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$392||$512||$516||$30||$154||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$380||$630||$532||$32||$158||$1,732||$144|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$164||$268||$370||$22||$110||$934||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$328||$600||$444||$26||$134||$1,532||$128|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$424||$752||$532||$32||$158||$1,898||$158|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$236||$396||$532||$32||$158||$1,354||$113|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$366||$814||$512||$30||$154||$1,876||$156|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$242||$380||$516||$30||$154||$1,322||$110|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$328||$598||$370||$22||$110||$1,428||$119|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$408||$814||$512||$30||$154||$1,918||$160|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$366||$742||$444||$26||$134||$1,712||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Savannah location which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age in Savannah
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Ford F-150 car insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Can switching companies really save?
Georgia consumers can't ignore all the ads that claim the best premium rates by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies advertise the message about savings if you move to them.
How can each company charge lower premium rates? It's all in how they say it.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of insured they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured may be over the age of 45, owns their home, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A propective insured that matches those criteria will get very good Savannah car insurance rates and will also save if they switch.
Drivers who do not fit these standards must pay more expensive rates and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. The wording the ads use say "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements. This really emphasizes why you need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-150 insurance, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your F-150 has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Ford F-150 but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia is overpaying over $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford F-150 insurance in Savannah
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are throwing money away.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Ford may allow you to get better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Good Student - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Savannah car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance coverage on a new F-150 can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
To find insurance companies with discount rates in Savannah, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is transmitted to companies in Savannah that can give you free Savannah car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Savannah can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same agent mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Savannah that can give you rate quotes.
- Erica Herndon - State Farm Insurance Agent
3228 Skidaway Rd - Savannah, GA 31404 - (912) 354-6464 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Adam Wallace
2 Park of Commerce Blvd e - Savannah, GA 31405 - (912) 352-9860 - View Map
- Dennis Aikens - State Farm Insurance Agent
224 Stephenson Ave d - Savannah, GA 31405 - (912) 353-9121 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you should always include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Savannah that can give you comparison quotes.
- First Choice Insurance
310 E Montgomery Cross Rd - Savannah, GA 31406 - (912) 355-0001 - View Map
- Bernard Williams Insurance and Financial
6001 Chatham Center Dr # 100 - Savannah, GA 31405 - (866) 433-4476 - View Map
- Abercorn Insurance Agency
11136 Abercorn St - Savannah, GA 31419 - (912) 355-2223 - View Map
Don't give up on cheap coverage
When you buy Savannah car insurance online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
We've covered a lot of ways to shop for Ford F-150 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Savannah car insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Savannah car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Georgia Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Marietta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Mableton, Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Georgia Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)