How long has it been since you compared the cheapest car insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Lincoln MKT insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a Lincoln and find the lowest possible price.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. This article's goal is to help educate you on the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process Drivers only have to learn the quickest way to shop for auto insurance online from multiple companies.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used MKT can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current MKT insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, early bird, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for safety features, multi-car, good student, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view car insurance companies with the best discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Which Lincoln MKT insurance is cheapest in Atlanta, Georgia?
Finding cheap Atlanta auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Atlanta auto insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$366||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,790||$149|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$294||$578||$502||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location information which can alter prices significantly.
An analysis of deductible level
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Lincoln MKT insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lincoln MKT insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can raise Lincoln MKT annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
What Determines Lincoln MKT Insurance Prices?
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- How much liability protection do you need? - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Job and insurance prices - Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Most larger companies apply better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare Lincoln MKT rates in Atlanta to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Save by staying claim free - If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Georgia give the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Lincoln MKT claim statistics - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Lincoln MKT vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehiclescombined as an average is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lincoln MKT Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Why you need insurance for your Lincoln MKT
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKT insurance, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln MKT, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Lincoln for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
People leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, high prices, questionable increases in premium and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper insurance in Atlanta can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much is Georgia Car Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Georgia Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)