Sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay insurance each month? You have the same problem as most other people in Georgia.
It's amazing but most insurance buyers in Georgia kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save themselves approximately $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Ford Explorer insurance in Atlanta.
It's important to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price on Ford Explorer insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
This article's goal is to tell you how auto insurance companies operate and some tips to save money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using these techniques. But Georgia vehicle owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Just remember that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it's important to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$260||$418||$370||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$332||$578||$476||$28||$142||$1,556||$130|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$292||$492||$444||$26||$134||$1,388||$116|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$298||$484||$476||$28||$142||$1,428||$119|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$274||$476||$476||$28||$142||$1,396||$116|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$296||$502||$414||$24||$124||$1,360||$113|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$436||$612||$516||$30||$154||$1,748||$146|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$214||$342||$370||$22||$110||$1,058||$88|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$212||$322||$394||$24||$118||$1,070||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise coverage rates considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Ford Explorer insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though Atlanta Explorer insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rates at every renewal to save money.
What Determines Ford Explorer Insurance Rates?
It's important that you understand some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine your prices.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Better auto insurance rates for being claim-free - If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Georgia award the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates - Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Marriage discount - Having a spouse can actually save you money on auto insurance. It is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower prices - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates.
- Consolidate policies and save - Most larger insurers give discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Claims statistics for a Ford Explorer - Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Ford Explorer vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Explorer Models
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Explorer 4dr 2WD 80 90 79 75 70 82 Ford Explorer 4dr 4WD 94 94 97 75 70 85
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Explorer insurance in Atlanta
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you get the savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta auto insurance with certain companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Explorer?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Georgia?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What policy terms are available?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent agencies in Atlanta that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Atlanta?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Quote often and quote early
Cheap Ford Explorer insurance in Atlanta is possible both online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high prices, policy non-renewal and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Alpharetta, Georgia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Georgia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Georgia? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)