Are you burned out from scraping nickels together to insure your vehicles every month? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in Georgia.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Georgia kept buying from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America could save almost 47% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they switch to a new company. Due to the increasing number of options when it comes to auto insurance, it's difficult to choose the cheapest insurer.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes every six months because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rate on auto insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding and buying the most affordable auto insurance in Carrollton is not as difficult as people think. If you already have coverage or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers only have to learn the proper way to shop for auto insurance online.
Most larger insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage prices online. Comparing auto insurance rates online is easy for anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Once entered, the quote system gets your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these and other factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you want to get the lowest auto insurance rates.
To quickly compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a price comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Carrollton, GA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,394||$697||$116|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,136||$568||$95|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,492||$746||$124|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Carrollton location which can influence coverage prices greatly.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Honda Pilot premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Georgia. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Elantra book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Are you snagging every discount?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Carrollton car insurance.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, good student, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-car, driver training, good student, early quote, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Carrollton, follow this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I buy only the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Make wise decisions and cut your costs
It's important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Prices impacted by your city - Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Five star safety rating saves money - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Insurance rates for married couples - Being married may cut your premiums on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Carrollton, insuring your vehicle is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Georgia is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote often and quote early
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We covered many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Carrollton car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Georgia Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)